Thursday, December 13, 2012

Matt Damon : I'm Naked "A Lot" in Upcoming Liberace Movie


Matt Damon opens up about getting naked, romance and more in the January/February issue of Playboy .

The actor tells the magazine, "Normally I’d say no to nudity, but I just did a lot of it playing the long-term partner of Liberace, Scott Thorson, in Behind the Candelabra."

Damon explains, "I mean, it’s tastefully done…But this movie’s not going to be for everyone."

For their intimate scenes together, Damon and co-star Michael Douglas "drew it up like a football plan."

"Michael was a wonderful kisser. My concerns ended up mattering a lot less once we were filming," says Damon.

As for his real-life marriage to wife Luciana, the star explains how they’ve been able to make it successful for the long haul in Hollywood.

"This is the first relationship I’ve had that wasn’t like work to be in," says Damon. "I never knew it could be like this. There’s always stuff you can work on, of course, but being married and having kids, for me, there’s a lot of romance, but it’s a much bigger endeavor with a lot of nuts-and-bolts problem-solving you have to do together."

But romance is not Damon’s strong suit.

"No, I’m sh*tty at that," he tells Playboy. "I wish I were better because my wife deserves somebody who surprises her with a gift or flowers or some wonderful idea. I’ve never been good at that, and she’s really good at it, which makes me feel even more like sh*t."

And living in a household of women is not always so easy for the A-lister.

He explains, "Lucy and the girls can definitely bring me to my knees. They just know. My wife gives me sh*t because it’s harder for me to discipline my girls, probably because they’re girls. With boys, I could relate more and it would probably be easier. Growing up, girls are so mysterious to us. Even as a grown man, they remain mysterious."

But Damon is perfectly happy to have a stable, quiet life as husband and father.

He says, "The narrative about me kind of goes, ‘He’s a boring married guy,’ which is great, because I don’t get any of that other stuff like Brad Pitt and George Clooney do."

Damon reflects, "People think I’m kind of vanilla and they leave me alone to work, have an actual private life and be a husband and dad."

No comments:

Post a Comment