Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Michelle Rodriquez : Her Take on Oscar Nod "WTF"

Michelle Rodriquez said you have to be "Trashy and Black" to get an Oscar Nod .

Michelle Rodriguez has some, um, interesting thoughts about the Academy Awards.

The actress was recently interviewed at the Cannes Film Festival, where Rodriguez raved about Nicole Kidman's

performance in the much buzzed-about The Paperboy.

Rodriguez is quoted in Vulture as saying, "I f**king loved it. One of my friends said, ‘She’s going to get nominated for an Oscar for that.’ I was like, ‘Nah, man. She’s not black!’"

She reportedly continued, "I laugh, but it’s also very sad. It makes me want to cry. But I really believe. You have to be trashy and black to get nominated. You can’t just be trashy."

Rodriguez seems to be implying that Oscar nods don’t get handed out for white "trashy" roles as often as for "trashy" parts played by people of color.

We’ve reached out to Rodriguez for clarification on exactly what she meant.

What do you think of Rodriguez’s commentary ?

No comments:

Post a Comment