Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Cee Lo Green Is Leaving The Voice

It sounds like Team Cee Lo may be no more.

After four years as coach on The Voice , Green, 39, won't be returning to the singing competition.

"I'm not coming back, guys," Green told Ellen DeGeneres on The Ellen DeGeneres Show Wednesday. "I don't want to wear out my welcome there."

But it won't be the last you see of him.

"I'm going to continue my relationship with NBC. I have a television development deal with them as well, and hopefully some other talk-show opportunities later in the year," he said.

He'll also focus on his own music.

"We will appreciate the music but we will miss you on The Voice," DeGeneres said as her other guest, Lional Richie, made his own surprise announcement and that included Green.

"The good news is, he'll be with me on the road," Richie said of Green's musical plans. "He's going to join me on tour."


In a statement, Paul Telegdy, NBC's president of alternative and late-night programming, said, "Cee Lo Green has been an instrumental part of the success of The Voice, and we deeply appreciate all his contributions. We're looking forward to working with him on other upcoming projects that will tap into both his musical and entertainment expertise."

In his own official statement, Green said: "There are numerous reasons that led to this decision, which has been amicably reached with NBC, but I'm excited to be developing several other ideas with the network and my association with NBC remains strong. ... Thanks for the memories and make way for many more!"

Season 6 of The Voice returns Monday with veteran coaches Shakira , Usher , Adam Levine and Blake Shelton .

No comments:

Post a Comment