Saturday, June 14, 2014

10 Questions With Ice Cube

The rapper, actor and producer talks about playing cops, why he scowls and asymmetrical warfare

Question :In 22 Jump Street, you play a cop for the second time this year. Has your attitude toward the constabulary changed since your N.W.A. hit "F-ck tha Police"?

Answer :Not really. I still hate bad cops. I hate cops that are corrupt. I always liked good cops that come and do what they are supposed to do. For these roles I just think about all the cops that messed with me and my friends growing up and all the stupid stuff they said to us.

Question :You’re also angry a lot. I’ve been analyzing your mad face. It’s all in the eyebrows.

Answer: Not  really . I still hate  bad cops that are corrupt . I always liked good cops  that come and do what they are supposed to do . For these  rolls I just think about all the cops that messed with me  and my friends  growing up  and all the stupid stuff they said to us .

Question : How do  you stay credible as an anti-authority rapper  and make family-friendly stuff like 'Are We  There Yet ?

Answer : I wouldn't consider myself  anti-authority . I'm anti-rich and poor . I just be myself . Success  has made  me a calmer person  personally , but I still got a lot of  people  I know  who suffer and don't have  hat they need to get through , and it really pisses  me off .

Question : You grew up in South Central L.A. , but I imagine your kids  have know very little deprivation . How do you ensure they don't end up entitled ?

Answer : I don't mind them feeling  entitled . We've been on the  bottom of the barrel so long  , just to have anybody  in my generation  or in my family that feels entitled  means we've done something . My sons are well grounded  . Their cousins  and friends  are  regular people  that don't have a lot .

Question : Did  you  introduce  your  music to your  kids ?

Answer : As long as they  can sit in the car  and roll with me . If I'm listening at my demo , they're  listening at my demo .

Question :Do your  kids use a lot of  curse words ?

Answer : Sometimes , but  you know  kids  got  crazy language . I know kids cuss , they do their thing  , but I tell my kids , don't  do it  in earshot  of any adults  or you're in trouble . No bad language in the  house .

Question : In a new song "Everythang's Corrupt," you rap about  be broke   How can you do that  and be  so wealthy  and successful ?

Answer : What do you mean ? I've never  just sung  for me . I've never just rapped  for me . If  I just rapped for me , I would be on an Island somewhere  , just happy with myself . I rap for people who can't rap  , people who can't say  these things , people  who are going through it .

Question :  Why did  you include a shot  from the capture of Osama bin Laden in the video ?

Answer : That image  has  to do  with fighting a war sitting in the comfort  of an air-conditioned spot  8,000 miles  away . It shows  the time  we are in  and  how dangerus  the future will be .


Question : How is Obama presidency going ?

Answer : Obama  reminds me  of the black kid  at a white school  that don't nobody  wants to play with . That's fine  ... he goes in there  and does  his thing  , does what he can .

Question : Do you get hit up for political donations ?

Answer : Sometimes , but I'm not really into the political game . As far as paying  politicians  and stuff like that , I'm into "You do  your  job  and I'll do mine." Politicians  not going to do  more with my money  than I can help whatever  cause  or whatever situation  I want to help .

Question :  Do you ever wish  you could  go back in time  and choose  a less square name ?

Answer : I'm not  really a square ... I am a cube .

Question : A cube is  just a square in three dimensions .

Answer : The three dimensions  are the key .

No comments:

Post a Comment