Sunday, June 8, 2014

Usher Defends Justin Bieber: 'He Is Unequivocally Not a Racist'

Justin Bieber's mentor is still defending the embattled pop star.

Usher
who famously beat out Justin Timberlake to sign the then 13-year-old to his label posted a statement to Instagram on Saturday, throwing his support behind Bieber as footage of him telling racist jokes continues to leak.

"At my core, I am a person that supports growth and understands without judgment, that growth often comes as a result of pain and continues effort. As I have watched Justin Bieber navigate difficult waters as a young man, I can tell you that he hasn't always chosen the path of his greatest potential, but he is unequivocally not a racist," he wrote, also posting a throwback photo showing his arm wrapped around Bieber.

"What he was 5 years ago was a naïve child who did not understand the negative power and degradation that comes from playing with racial slurs," the statement continues. "What he is now is a young man faced with an opportunity to become his best self, an example to the millions of kids that follow him to not make the same mistakes."

Bieber, now 20, is in hot water after an old video of him using a derogatory slur surfaced Sunday. A second clip showing him inserting "n
––––" into the lyrics of his hit "One Less Lonely Girl" was released Wednesday.

The singer, whose recent bad boy behavior has caused legal woes and public controversies, apologized hours after the first video went public.

"Five years ago I made a reckless and immature mistake and I'm grateful to those close to me who helped me learn those lessons as a young man," he said in a statement. "Once again … I'm sorry."

Usher's Instagram comes after a Nylon Guys interview in which he stood by Bieber's other indiscretions.

"Do I turn my head in shame based off of what I see, what I know? Nah , I don't because it's all part of life's process," he told the magazine. "Am I in it with him? Yeah."


Witchy sez 'WHOA' wait a minute:

There are people of ALL colors that say racist things. We seem to focus on the white people because of the history in this country. But I have heard it all. There are people that prejudge others on everything....race, religion, wealth, size, sexual orientation, culture, education and several other things. And there are as many people of other colors that are just as prejudiced as those whites. But note to all people……if you think all whites are prejudiced, than you yourself have just done what you are calling someone else out for. Take each person one at
a time, and teach them who YOU are, don’t tell them who YOU think THEY are.

Grow up people....take the time to see others for their inside, and you will be
a better human being. If you judge and then shut out everyone different
than you, you will be a very lonely person, and will no doubt deserve it!

I don't care how many celebrities stick up for him, my kids will not support this fool. There are some things you should not say and it sometimes dosen't matter how old. I believe Justin Bieber had reach the age of accountability when he made those racist jokes so he should suffer the consequence of it. We've seen only two tapes of him saying racist vile things but what about the other times he wasn't on tape and continue to make racist jokes or do racist things that's concerns me because I'm sure it wasn't the first or last time . I'm sure he keep saying these things and you may never know how he truly feels and if he's a (closet racist). For him to joke about something so hurtful and evil probably speaks alot of his environment, parents, and family or friends who may have incouraged or influence this type of behavior and who he chose to be around. So Justin Bieber will get no pass from me he knew better not to ever joke about something like that so evil no excuses are made for this racist punk.


No comments:

Post a Comment