Friday, October 20, 2017

'Playboy' features model Ines Rau as first transgender Playmate

By Mary Bowerman, USA TODAY Network
Meet your November 2017 Playmate, @supa_ines. "Nudity shouldn’t be taboo. Nudity means a lot to me, since I went through a transition to get where I want to be. Nudity is a celebration of the human being without all the excess. It’s not about sexuality but the beauty of the human body, whether male or female." đź“· by @derekkettela
Cooper Hefner, Playboy's chief creative officer, told the New York Times that choosing Rau as the Playmate "speaks to the brand's philosophy." 

“It’s the right thing to do," Hefner told the Times. "We’re at a moment where gender roles are evolving.”

While Hefner stands behind his decision, the reaction from fans on social media was mixed. Many praised Rau's beauty, but others accused the magazine of using the model as a marketing ploy and "pushing" their agenda down readers throats. 
The Paris-born beauty has appeared in a Balmain campaign and Vogue Italia. She's also appeared in the front row of Desigual, Zuhair Murad and AREA fashion shows.

Rau says it took her a while to find her confidence. "I lived a long time without saying I was transgender," she told Playboy. "I dated a lot and almost forgot. I was scared of never finding a boyfriend and being seen as weird. Then I was like, 'You know, you should just be who you are.' It's a salvation to speak the truth about yourself, whether it's your gender, sexuality, whatever. The people who reject you aren't worth it. It's not about being loved by others; it's about loving yourself."

Beyond the fashion world, the 26-year-old told the men's mag, "I just signed a book deal, and I just shot a film. I really want to be an action star!" She hopes to "call Los Angeles home soon."

3 comments:

  1. It's fine to be who you are. But pardon me if I throw up in my mouth. She has big man hands and dead skin on her rough heels. I must be a trannyphobe. I kind of feel they are invading my territory. My bad.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the big hands , thanks for pointing the dead skin out ... she is kinda ugly without the makeup on ... I bet she has bad skin to boot ...
    Well there are two of us that are trannyphobe .
    I showed her to Sha / Jenny and asked if they thought she was pretty . Jenny fell out laughing and Sha said mama , boys are not pretty ... I only showed them the picture . Kids are so smart .
    Love you back .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put the cubs letter on WAG ... they told me wait until you see it and then post their newspaper clipping on WAG they didn't want to tire you out .
      I told them I will post them tomorrow night ,
      Love

      Delete