Monday, April 11, 2016

Sir Tom Jones' Wife Of 59 Years Dies Of Cancer

'Lady Linda' passed away on Sunday morning at a hospital in Los Angeles, according to the singer's publicist.
Sir Tom, 75, had been married to 'Lady Linda' since 1957
Sir Tom Jones' wife, Lady Melinda Rose Woodward, has died following a "short but fierce" battle against cancer.

A statement posted on the singer's website said the 75-year-old had died on Sunday morning at Cedars Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles, surrounded by her husband and loved ones.

The singer had recently cancelled several shows due to "serious" family illness.

Sir Tom, 75, had been married to 'Lady Linda' since 1957. They have one son, Mark.
Sir Tom revealed last year that his wife suffered from depression

The couple were both children of coal miners in South Wales and became childhood sweethearts at the age of 15 before marrying a year later.

In his 2015 autobiography Over The Top And Back, the singer revealed the couple wanted more children but Lady Linda had been left infertile after a miscarriage.

In the same year, during an interview with American TV personality Larry King, Sir Tom addressed criticism about not including anything on his alleged affairs in the autobiography.
The singer recently cancelled several gigs due to "serious" family illness

He said: "I don't think it's important. It's not what has made me. I've always looked at entertainers as 'why is that person where he or she is?'"

The Voice judge also told The Sunday Times magazine last year that his wife suffered from depression.

"I've realised she's had depression since she was young. She's always had a touch of it," he said.

"She's the most important thing in my life," Sir Tom said during the interview.

"An unbelievable woman. Linda is the love of my life and she still is, even though she doesn't look like she did. I don't look like I did, either, but I try my best."

Our sincere condolence   to Tom Jones  and  family  for the  lost of  their love one .     RIP  'Lady Linda'  ..... The PICs

2 comments:

  1. Another lady who consciously blinded herself to all her husband's infidelities, which I understand were legion. I don't understand these women's mind set. No amount of money could make me swallow my pride and dignity and become an enabler to a cheating, lying, disrespectful user of women. Someone who sneers at marriage vows and tosses them in the trash. How could she live with the shame and humiliation. He had a two year affair with one lady. It was no one night stand.
    I'm sure she struggled with depression. Nothing depresses more than betrayal. We have both been there, haven't we old pal?
    I feel so sorry for her. At least if he had died first she would have had the satisfaction of seeing an end to her betrayal and humiliation.
    Never was a fan of the guy.
    You?
    Chat with you soon
    Lots of love
    Your friend forever

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered why Tom didn't get help for his wife's depression ... he could certainly afford it . You , nor I will ever understand how women can let themselves become a doormat . I also heard he was a wife beater besides being a whore-monger . I can't or won't condone a sex cheater that disregard how the other partner feels .
    No ! I didn't like him or his singing ... never like to see a man or woman dry fucking on the dance floor , like a good set of buns , his pants was so tight , you saw his dangle , there are lots of dances that you shake your stuff , but they are done gracefully .
    Twisting and grinding don't belong on a dance floor .

    Gil posted Dad's posts on WB / Maxy ... Dad knew he would . I knew Gil was going to put hip shaking Genie on the FTBB post ...
    Chat when you feel up to it
    Lots of love back at ya
    Your friend and BAW forever

    PS: The Reno gang left after lunch today . Mac has a driving helper with him . Gil told the Reno Gang to behave ... he told Mac if any trouble put them on a bus . Hahahaha !!
    Love

    ReplyDelete