Sunday, March 27, 2011

'Black Swan' :Filmmaker Denies Natalie Portman Dance Cover-Up

The filmmaker behind 'Black Swan' are denying a dancer's allegetions that she performed almost all of the ballet attributed to Natalie Portman . Sarah Lane  , a aoloist with the American Ballet Theatre  who worked on Portman's dance double , claims the actress only did about "5 percent" of the full body shots audiences see in the film . Lane also says producers pressured the alleged illusion . Fox Searchlight  and filmmakers have now released a joint statement : "We was fortunate to have Sarah  there to cover the more  complicated dance sequences and we did have nothing but praise for the hard work she did."  "However , Natalie herself did most of the dancing featured in the final film .

Lane spoke out after Benjamin Millepied , the movie's   choregrapher  (and Portman's fiance) said in an interview that the actress did about 85% of the dancing.

That's not true , according to Lane , who claims Portman's head was digitally placed on the professional ballerina's  body and that  the overwhelming majority of actual dance moves are hers.

"it's is demeaning to the profession and not just to me ," says Lane . "I've been doing this for 22 years  ... can you become a concert painist in a year and a half  , even if you are a movie star?"

Portman , who has yet to comment on the controversy , won an Oscar for her performance.

Stay tune : I see a fight brewing. ... updates as they become available.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nan. I hope you see this. Can we have a chat or two when Goes to Reno on Wednesday? Let me know here or over at at Maxy's

    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeannie.
    Got your message on Maxy , replied to it . I love to have a chat , I will be over to Nee's when Big G. lock on to talk with you.
    I told him I wanted to speak to you and get things all set up for us.
    Big G. says he wanted to show me how to get to IM he can get there better than Nee .
    I told him I was going to chat with you at Nee's because I don't have to use anonymous.

    I will drop Maxy down if I am hot able to get to the IM .
    Nee pulled into Reno around 2:PM my time .
    I will keep you up to date as I learn about what goes on .
    Big G. has been out all day getting his stuff organized.
    More later your friend Pal and co-hort Nan

    ReplyDelete