Thursday, March 10, 2011

Madonna : Mourning 99-year-old Grandmother

Madonna is mourning the death of her grandmother  , Elsie Mae Fortin , who passed away yesterday in Bay City , Michigan at the age of 99 .

It was Fortin who partically raise Madonna after her mother  succumbed to breast cancer  in 1963 . Madonna was just five years old at the time .

Shortly before Madonna was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2008 . Fortin  told her local paper , the Bay City Times  , "She done things that I didn't approve of , but at the same time she's my granddaughter  and I still love her  and I'm proud of her hard work ...shes' been good to me."

Madonna's publicist said in a statement , "I'm sorry , but Maddona will not be issuing any statements or conversing with the media regarding her grandmother . It is a totally personal affair .

Our condolence  to Madonna and her family .

No comments:

Post a Comment