Monday, October 15, 2012

Rihanna Opens up About Chris Brown in Vogue: 'The World Hasn't Let Go '


 Rihanna opens up about Chris Brown in Vogue, discussing their personal and professional ties, the public’s perception of them, and Brown’s nightclub brawl with Drake.

It should be noted that the interviews were conducted before the exes began to hang out again in public, although their official status is still not defined.

In Vogue, Rihanna is asked at one point whether she thinks she’ll be talking about Brown for the rest of her life.

"To the world, I feel like there’s no closure," she says. "There’s some obsession that’s continued even throughout when we weren’t friends or couldn’t be friends at all. Hated each other. The world hasn’t let go."

She adds, "They haven’t seen any progress in our friendship, because they don’t see anything, really, besides the song," referring to the pair’s "Birthday Cake" collaboration .

I didn’t think it could be anything detrimental to my career," explains Rihanna. "I was on a tour bus ride between two cities, listening to my album, thinking, ‘Oooh, maybe I should make this into a duet.’ And I started coming up with a bunch of people, and his name crossed my mind. I thought, ‘We haven’t made a song in so long together… it could be a little shocking.’"

She continues, "So now it’s a bit of a fascination, I guess. I don’t know if people will stop soon, but I feel like as soon as they have closure to it, they will."

The star emphasizes that there’s a difference between public perception and reality.

Regarding public blowback to being in contact with Brown, she says, "But they’re not on the inside. They can’t see what I see, unless they’re sitting in my point of view. I guess I’ll learn to accept that."

As for the notion that Drake and Brown’s June club fight was over her, Rihanna says that’s simply not the case.

"I wasn’t even there. It had nothing to do with me," she tells Vogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment