Wednesday, January 26, 2011

George Clooney: I Won't Get Married Again

George and Elisabetta Canalis

Wedding photo: Wed to Talia Balsam

Talia now
Don't expect George Clooney's love Elisabetta Canalis to join Hollywood's bridal brigade — because her famous beau is not interested in getting hitched. In an interview with Piers Morgan, George's father, Nick  admitted he "yearned for the moment" when his movie star son would wed Canalis. (Nick and George's mom, Nina, have been married for more than 50 years.) George's retort: "I hate to blow your whole news story, but I was married, so I gave it a shot."

Indeed, it's a lesser-known fact that Clooney was married to actress Talia Balsam from 1989 to 1993. Where is Balsam these days? The actress, 51, keeps busy with a steady stream of film and TV roles; she plays Natalie Portman's mom in "No Strings Attached," out this weekend. As a recurring character on "Mad Men" she appears as ex-wife to Roger Sterling, played by actor John Slattery — her real-life husband, with whom she has one son, Harry.

Clooney and Italian actress/model Canalis, 32, have been dating since 2009. She opened up to Italian Vanity Fair last year about her romance with one of the world's most desired men. "There are some people who just don't want to see me happy," Canalis complained. "[George] reassures me all the time. He is very close. I feel more embraced than ever before. The idea of being so loved is overwhelming. ... George has given color back to my life."

During the Piers Morgan interview, Clooney also praised his actor dad for teaching him the value of doing charity work "to help look out for people that are less fortunate than you and to challenge people that are in power."
Would Clooney consider entering politics?
"Honestly, my job is as good as they get," he said. "I think that I am best suited as an advocate for issues, and I look to people who are far smarter and far better at this than I am to lead."
Not that the handsome star doesn't suffer a bit for his work. Clooney recently contracted malaria while on a humanitarian visit to Sudan, but has since recovered. "Even with malaria, it's just good fun," he joked. "I guess the mosquito in Juba looked at me and thought I was the bar."
By Us Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment