Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Oprah Winfrey : "Open To Building A Relationship" With Half-Sister



It's been a very  busy new year for Oprah Winfrey !  New cable network , new baby sis ...

"I look forward to building a relationship with her,"  the daytime queen told    ...who else ? ...BBF Gayle King today on King's radio show , "Having been burned a lot of times in other relationships , I'm the kind of person that would like to take it slow, build a relationship upon mutual respect and understanding .

"Iam open to having a sisterly relationship ," Winfrey continued , but such things aren't  automatic and they take time .  Of course , the big  reveal wasn't  news to King.

"I even knew that this was coming, I knew all the details ," King began by way of introducing her pal  via web conference , "but as I sat there watching the story , you told the story so beautifully , and I know that there had been a lot of conversation about when to tell , what to release  , what to do . And at first I was very reticent about it being on the Oprah show ....but you did it so beautifully."

Winfrey revealed on Oprah yesterday that she had a younger half sister  , who she only introduced as Patricia , who their mother , Vernita Lee , gave up for adoption in 1963  . Lee, who lives in Milwaukee , recently suffered a partial stroke.

There was much discussion about how to tell the story," Winfrey said.  "I did not want this story exploited in the tabloids  and have her family hounded ...and have pieces of the story not be true...I felt strongly that the story should be told by somebody who ...
"Who really knew the facts," King interjected.

"I feel that I really do like her,"  Winfrey said to Patricia . "I'm open to building a relationship with her and allowing that to build as it should , and I'm sure it will."  Even Stedman has said  "she's the real deal," she added.

"I think we have... the common interest of our mother ,"  the OWN honcho mused.  "Everybody who's dealing with an ailing parent understands that process of getting care for them . and we're speaking regularly about that."

Meaning , they're not just cultivating  a relationship for ratings' sake.
"I had her to dinner at my house the night before we taped the show ," Winfrey continued , and they had "conversations about [Patricia's] family  and how I can be helpful."

"She's coming into the family  at this time has been a great peace offering  , a great symbol of peace-making  in  this family ," Winfrey added . "I would say I see her as a gift." 

54 comments:

  1. Hi Cutie..how's everybody ? Everybody warm and cozy?
    My babies is down for the night , even Man , my big boy is talking to his boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I'll add a video to yours instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was it this one ?
    I am sorry...I will start putting mine in drafts and ask you if you have it .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad all the babies are in bed.
    They always look so sweet and innocent asleep. you forget what little hounds from hell they can be when they are awake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hell no, I don't care PIC. I find it so funny that we think alike.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Add the video...it will make a great touch.
    I have one in draft about Jesse Ventura...
    Did you see the compound sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just write whatever you want. There is enough news out there for both of us.

    Did you know some woman put her baby up for sale on Kijiji. If you don't know that web site, it's like Ebay.

    What a beautiful baby it is.It was on the news.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know you don't mind..We do think alike .
    Did you check out the Compound sisters on FTBB , we look a mess after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't seen either of those stories.I'll do one on the most likely Oscar nominations or some shit.
    I got dad's letter. it was very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They need to put her ass in jail, she's selling her baby when so many of us was wishing for kids, I could just kick her ass.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes I saw the sisters...HA! I have seen those ladies before.
    I notice you named them after yourself and your real sisters..HA! How do they feel about it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Take a quick look at FTBB and tell me what you think of my sisters and me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know I was sorry to see old Jack LaLanne die. I wanted him to live to a hundred to prove to the world that everything he said about diet and excercise was true.
    He was such a genuinely nice man.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They laughed and said maybe we could do a reality show , we have a lot going for us.[fat that is] hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  15. All the really good people die and I don't see them being replaced by really good people .

    ReplyDelete
  16. I bet those ladies break a lot of furniture. And maybe toilets too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I left Jack a note to RIP..I have his jucier and it is great.
    Jack looks real good to be in his 90's ...he looks to be in his 60's.

    ReplyDelete
  18. In defense of Oprah's half-sister, she never tried to capitalize on her relationship with O and she has known since 2007.She could have got a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dad said he didn't feel like making you blush today but he will tomorrow..he gave Gil his joke , Gil told Dad he will trade with him , Dad said no way, this joke is for a grown man.

    ReplyDelete
  20. O's Mother was a bit of a tramp.She gave a couple of babies away.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think they played it close to the hip, the tabs would have wrote a lot of untruths about them.
    They do look a little alike.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I thought the resemblance was quite strong. All the Winfrey ladies seem to have a problem with poundage.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dad/ I had a long talk today, I can talk with him openly and he just listens and then give me some good advice and not go rattling off to Sis/Gil..I trust him .

    ReplyDelete
  24. The death of O's baby when she was a teen is a bit of a mystery. I wonder just how he died.

    ReplyDelete
  25. O was always ambitious. I wonder if she or her mother helped the baby along.
    O's mother must have known she was being raped by her uncle.

    ReplyDelete
  26. He offered me some comforting words too today.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think a lot of O's family raised her.
    I think they handle it well, O has always taken care of Vernita.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Vernita never seemed to be a very nice woman. Not a lot of deep feelings there. Rather selfish too I should think.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm glad he did and he says things will work themselves out ...it just take some people longer to cool off than others.
    Dad told me he knew I would always go to my daddy when things were rough ...he wants me to know he's there for me.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I think O would have ended up like her mother but she made it to college and that changed the direction of her life.
    When she started in broadcasting companies were looking for token black women so that their networks looked liberal and she got lucky and was picked. From there she got ahead on her skill alone.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I don't know how true it was about O's baby , a lot of people says it was her uncles'.
    I tell my babies they can tell me anything, good/bad , I will take care of it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Like her or not she gives back to her peers.
    I think I spoke to soon ...Man just came in looked around didn't see his daddy and took off to my room...

    ReplyDelete
  33. You never want your kids afraid to tell you something.

    ReplyDelete
  34. You have everyone tucked in nice and cozy?

    ReplyDelete
  35. O slept around a lot. No telling whose baby it was. I don't know if she knows. She admitted she was promiscuous.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I guess man will sing songs to his daddy now.
    Your kids should always feel secure about telling you things.They should know they can trust you. You trusted your daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  37. There is no doubting O's remarkable success and she did it on her own ability and built an empire. And in her own way she tries to do good.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Sweetie...I got yours and sen t you one.

    ReplyDelete
  39. She gives away so much ...a lot of blacks don't like her ..I don't watch her show but I admire her.

    I trusted my daddy,as many kids he had he made sure we all knew how to take care of ourselves and each other.I think that's one of the reasons Susan and I don't get along, hell Susan is 60 , grown woman when I born.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I received an IM message from you but apparently you are not receiving mine

    ReplyDelete
  41. Gerald is 2 years older than Chris , one day Daddy caught them fighting, he said the winner had to fight him, they stop right then,Gerald couldn't whip Chris then and hebetter not try now. Chris would tear him a new ass-hole.

    I replied to the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Was it rogers or yahoo.
    what name did it have on it Rrobert or Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  43. I didn't get your reply on IM. I give up on the fucking thing.

    ReplyDelete
  44. What is you Yahoo IM Email address again please.

    ReplyDelete
  45. The geek can't help until later , he's tied up .

    ReplyDelete
  46. Did you hear the presidents speech?

    ReplyDelete
  47. He patted himself on the back quite a bit. But overall it was a good speech and we liked some of the changes he was making.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I don't know where you are right now so I will wait for you to contact me.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I saw you on the IM...it came though at 12:05pm..I talked hack.
    HOORAY...

    ReplyDelete