Monday, July 2, 2012

Celebrities React To Anderson Cooper Coming Out

Celebrities are taking to Twitter to praise Anderson Cooper after he officially came out as a gay man in a thoughtful letter to political blogger and friend Andrew Sullivan on Monday.

Here are some of the thoughts from stars about Cooper’s decision to come out:

Neil Patrick Harris

: "Good for you, @AndersonCooper. You’re awesome."

Kristen Bell

: "A bold and beautiful statement by someone who is smarter than all of us, journalist @andersoncooper."

Jesse Tyler Ferguson

: "One of the reasons I look up to my friend @andersoncooper is his amazing eloquence. Very proud of him!"

Ellen DeGeneres

: "I’m proud of you, @AndersonCooper."

Russell Simmons

: "Happy for Anderson Cooper…"

Marlee Matlin

: "Bravo @andersoncooper! xo M."

Kelly Ripa

: "So proud of you @andersoncooper. Always have been, always will be."

Mia Farrow

: "In a perfect world, I don’t think it’s anyone else’s business – Anderson Cooper."

Kathy Griffin

posted a photo of her and Cooper, along with the tweet, "Here I am w/ my friend @andersoncooper who I’m so proud of."

NeNe Leakes

: "That did it…Now I really love @andersoncooper."

Lance Bass

: "What a classy guy."

Joan Rivers

: "@AndersonCooper came out! So, THAT’S why he never wanted to date me! I would’ve loved having Gloria Vanderbilt as my mother-in-law."

Michael McKean

: "Anderson Cooper helps us move ‘what shouldn’t matter’ closer to ‘what doesn’t matter. #someday.’"

No comments:

Post a Comment