Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Celebrities React to Election Of New Pope Francis 1

White smoke rose from the Sistine Chapel in Vatican City on Wednesday, signaling the election of the new Pope, 76-year-old Jorge MarioBergoglio, who will now be known as Pope Francis I.

Now, celebrities are taking to Twitter to share their thoughts about the 266th pontiff of the Roman Catholic Church, with reactions ranging from silly jokes to earnest excitement.

Check out what the stars are saying about the news here!

Snooki
: Yay for Pope Bergoglio!! He’s adorable.

Aziz Ansari: Feeling good about my chances to be new Pope. My agents said I should hear something today…

Seth Rogen: There’s also white smoke coming out of my office, but nobody seems that excited about it. #pope

Jim Gaffigan: White smoke = The real Bachelor finale.

Joan Rivers: A new Pope has been chosen! I haven’t seen this many people transfixed by a puff of white smoke since the discovery of fire!

Chris Harrison: When I told @SeanLowe09 & @clmgiudici I’m ordained I never thought the Vatican would respond so fast #Whitesmoke

Mario Lopez: Big moment for the church & for those of us who call ourselves Catholics. I hope Pope Francis comes with an open heart & open mind… #Faith

Neil Patrick Harris: New Pope news soon! You might want to follow @TheTweetOfGod for all papal updates. He has an "in"

Seth MacFarlane: To signal the conclave had not reached a decision, they released black smoke from a chimney and emptied 400 styrofoam cups into the street.

Piers Morgan: Pope Francis 1 is known as a frugal, humble, moderniser. Sounds just what the Catholic Church needs.

Carson Daly: I like the new pope. Opted for silence before he first spoke. Pray for me before I pray for you. Humble. #goodstart

Josh Elliott: We have a new Pope…the smoke is white, and the bells are ringing. Habemus Papem…. #Conclave2013

Craig Ferguson: Rumors already swirling in Hollywood that the new Pope will replace Leno on NBC at 1130.

Josh Lawson: They’ve chosen a new pope! For 1 billion Roman Catholics this is a MONUMENTAL day! For the rest of the 6 billion of us, it’s Wednesday.

David Arquette: Don’t call the new pope Francis – his name is Frank – If you call him Francis he’s gonna kill you

Kathy Griffin: I haven’t been paying that much attention to my old religion lately. Is this guy single?

Joy Behar: It’s already starting. Donald Trump wants to see the new Pope’s birth certificate.

Rosie O’Donnell: Which guy got the white rose – it’s like the bachelor – Vatican style #popewatch

Steve Martin: The new Pope just called! The new Pope just called!

Eric Stonestreet: Did they just go to central casting to get the new pope?

Kate Walsh: Popestars! HA. RT @Joan_Rivers: The Vatican has gone Hollywood. Forget the white smoke-the new Pope will be announced by Ryan Seacrest on…

George Lopez : Please call me Pope JORGE !

Melissa Joan Hart: New pope? White smoke? Who got the gig?

Star Jones: I’m not Catholic…but am excited by the election of #NewPope. May he be blessed with wisdom & the love of Christ.



No comments:

Post a Comment