Friday, March 15, 2013

Judge Judy : I'm Returning Your Dumb Dishes

Judge Judy is done fighting with her producer's very bitter ex-wife ... she's decided to return the uber-expensive silverware and china to the producer, and he's willing to give it back to his ex -- but there's a HUGE catch.

Her Honor tells TMZ, "This very unpleasant lady doesn't give a hoot about dishes. She cares about pressuring her ex-husband and the way to do that is to attempt to embarrass me."

Judy says the divorce judge called Patric Jones out for being "untruthful," "dishonest" and "misleading" during portions of her testimony ... and then Judy goes on ... "She and her attorney want a circus and I refuse to be a further participant in their drama."

And get this ... Judy, who paid her producer $50k for the dishes and flatware, says, "As Ms. Jones and her attorney assert, the items are community property, they are being packed and returned to Mr. Douthit [her producer] and she can proceed with her claim in divorce court."

So Judy -- who makes a reported $45 mil a year, will eat the $50k. And speaking of eating, her parting shot: "Anyway, my husband and I eat out most of the time."
Now part 2 -- Judy's producer gave us a statement ...

Randy Douthit says, "The dishes and silverware that Ms. Jones describes as community property are being sent to me. I am truly sorry that Judge Judy Sheindlin was brought into this domestic dispute. She relied on my statement to her that the court had authorized the sale."

Randy then sticks it to his ex, who insists the dishes are worth more than half a mil, even though the divorce judge places the value at a measly $125,000 ... "I agree with [my ex] that as community property she is entitled to half their value. She herself has valued them at more than $500,000. I do not want them and she is certainly welcome to have them as that is what she says she wants."

Randy says, "When I get the cashier's check for $250,000, I will deliver them to her."

Divorce ... it's fun.

Just a thought .... HeHe

Well, the guy is brilliant. HAHA! TMZ follow this dish drama up. I want to see that chick eat her words. She's obviously grasping at tons of straws but I have a feeling the judge will make her eat those words and deduct $250,000 from her - even though they aren't worth that much.
I feel like this Patric is going to feel very ashamed now. Judy practices tough love even on herself. I think that is pretty cool. I don't agree with all of her judgements, but I think she mainly means well. She is smart to pay $50,000 to get out of someone else's marriage hell. What does she need that for and at her age and with all her money?
She showed how classy she was while this lady wants to roll in the dirt over some dishes. Who is she going to be entertaining with fancy dishes if she isn't even married any more? The divorce is just going to cost her and her husband a fortune. They should have just stayed together and stopped being babies fighting.
I am sure she won't pay her husband a quarter million for some $50,000 used dishes. She just wanted to make her point in a public spectacle way. Judy was smart just to eat the fee and get out of it.
She cracks me up how mean she is in court sometimes, but at least she is that tough with herself also.
Just a thought :

No comments:

Post a Comment