Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sean Penn : Mourns Death of Hugo Chavez

Sean Penn : "I lost a friend  I was blessed to have ."



The actor, who for years has been vocal about his support of Chavez, said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter,"Today the people of the United States lost a friend it never knew it had. And poor people around the world lost a champion."
"I lost a friend I was blessed to have. My thoughts are with the family of President Chavez and the people of Venezuela," Penn added.
Oliver Stone and Michael Moore were also among the Hollywood stars to pay tribute to the controversial politician.
Stone, whose 2009 documentary South of the Border celebratedChavez’s rule, tweeted, "I mourn a great hero to the majority ofhis people and those who struggle throughout the world for aplace. Hated by the entrenched classes, Hugo Chavez will liveforever in history. My friend, rest finally in a peace long earned."
Moore, who remembered meeting Chavez at the Venice Film Festival in 2009, wrote, "We spoke for over an hour. He said he was happy 2 finally meet someone Bush hated more than him."

 
 
 
 Tell me what you think  in the comments ...


2 comments:

  1. He was the champion of the poor people of Venezuala. He developed programs to help them. The wealthy people did not like him because he did not grant them special privileges like his predecessor.
    A colorful guy, you either loved him or hated him.

    Luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was a good man with honor .
    He like Obama , so he wasn't bad .

    Luv ya

    ReplyDelete