Sunday, October 3, 2010

Whoopi Goldberg : Nobel Ambitions


Having already earned a Grammy , Emmy , Oscar  and Tony , Whoopi Goldberg is busier than  ever. The co-host of  The View is producing the Broadway-bound play Sister Act and has two books in stores this week. One is her fourth children's book in a series  , Sugar Plum Ballerinas:Terrible Terrel. The other , Is It Just Me ? Or Is It Nuts Out There  is more grown up ; It's the always-outspoken  comedian's take on the decline of civility. Goldberg,54, shared some of her thoughts on everything from her weight to winning a prize for  peace.  Here's some highlights:

Why we're  so uncivil now :
The Internet has had a lot to do with it. Don't get me wrong ; I love the internet , but it has given us a sense  of entitlement to each other's business that we shouldn't have.

The biggest offenders :
I can't listen at anybody who's yelling or things that are meant to hurt someone . The entertainment is how best to shed somebody, not because you don't like their politics  but because you think their arms are too big.

Whoopi's biggest challenge :
Trying to figure out how to balance a yong child being pregnant  [her daughter was pregnant at 15 ]. If you march for choice, it means your choice or their choice . That was an interesting job to do. Now [my grandchild] is 20 and fantastic.

President Obama :
I think he's doing  the best job he can . It's a tough gig. It's OK if you don't agree . I'm sick of the innuendos and slight stabs from people who are not comics .

In her future :
Before I'm 80 , I'd like to get a Nobel Prize . I believe that it's possible to really work toward  [peace] . That's the one I want. [Even if I don't get the award] I'm going to [work for peace ] anyway.

Favorite guest :
I love Joe Cocker . It's nice that someone thought enough of me to put someone on that I liked.

TV's best talk-show host :
I don't like any of them.  I like the Sci-fi and TMC  channels.

Losses and gains :
I lost 40 pounds . I've kept  probably 20 pounds off .

Great temptations :
Wise  Potato Chips  --- honey barbecue , onion and garlic.

My thoughts : Whoopi, you made some good  points , go after your goals and not be a quitter. Maybe if we put our efforts together  we can make things happen like coming up with a plan to save our planet...nuff said,

No comments:

Post a Comment