Monday, November 22, 2010

Daniel Day-Lewis in Illinois to Prepare for Lincoln

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. - Academy Award-winning actor Daniel Day-Lewis is preparing for his role as Abraham Lincoln by visiting the state where the former president began his political career. DreamsWorks Studios says Day-Lewis will star in the Steven Spielberg-directed film "Lincoln." The movie is based on the book "Team of Rivals" by Doris Kearns Goodwin, who joined Day-Lewis on his tour in Illinois.

The State Journal-Register reports the actor toured several historic sites Friday in Springfield, including the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum, the Lincoln Home and the Old state capitol, where Lincoln served as a legislator. Filming is expected to begin next fall, and the movie is to be released in late 2012.

1 comment:

  1. My dear sweet lady.
    I hope your weekend was very nice and rewarding.
    I tried writing you behind the door as my daughter says. I don't know what happen as I was writing my letter to you, the letter just vanish.
    My daughter told me when I finished to leave it there and call her , she would put it up for you.
    Dammit to hell the sucker was just gone with the wind.
    My daughter was at Joanna I called her and told her to hurry home I was in a mess.
    My daughter asked me if I wanted to try again and I said not today.
    I cannot imagine what would be so important about me.
    How is your dear mother? I hope she is in fine form tell her I say hello and to give everyone hell.
    Your dear husband is doing good I hope, we can be thankful for each and every day we have.
    I asked my daughter had he begin his treatments , she said she wasn't sure, she said she asked but missed your answer the two of you talks about 5 or 6 different things at once.
    My grands is out for Thanksgiving holiday and they are having fun, between the grands and myself we will have the housekeeper trained in no time.
    I will leave you for now , I will return later.
    Your cyber pal and secret admired.
    Hunky G.

    ReplyDelete