Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Balthazar Getty & Wife Reveal Why They Reconciled

Balthazar Getty and his wife, Rosetta , separated in 2008 after the actor's highly photographed affair  with Sienna Miller  --  but now the parents of four (4) are giving their ten (10) year marriage another shot.

"Here's the bottom line :  It was a very challenging time for everybody involved ," Getty,35, told Harper's Bazaar.

"But I loved and missed my family too much not to make it work, --  Rosetta is understanding enough and spiritual enough to let us try. In a way It -- I don't know -- I feel like we're better than  we've ever been," he said.

Rosetta, 40, also gave her  thoughts on what happened . "I 'm open to talking about it because I believe we go through things in a public way to help other people  get through it . I'd love to talk about it more with people when I'm clearer about it  ," she continued.

"I'm going to have to explain this to my daughters one day. I chose not to act from ego because I just felt like it would be too crushing for my children," Rosetta continued.

"You could do two things in life when an  obstacle comes your way. You can tackle it , or you can  allow it to break you down,"  the 'Brothers and Sisters' star said.

Getty and  Sienna Miller were caught vacationing in Italy by the paparazzi in 2008 , resulting  in his separation from  Rosetta . Balthazar and Sienna Miller's relationship lasted until May 2009.

My spin :  Rosetta sounds like a wise woman  ....but  a word if I may --  my ex-husband cheated on me  , it was not a situation that I could save nor did I want to . I do know life is not  " black  and white " so clear cut that there is no one answer  for everyone . People do make mistakes , and sometimes it is a mistake  that will encourage growth , insight and maturity . I  know there are "serial cheaters" out there , and for those men  I wouldn't waste my time  or devalue  my  self-esteem. But I hope Rosetta made her decision with a mature , sound mind and I hope she continues to enjoy a stronger and happy marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment