Saturday, July 24, 2010

Brad Piit - Angelina Jolie : Take Out A UK Tabloid 'Oh Yeah'


Note to the media : If you're going to publish a story claiming the demise of Brangelina, you better have rock-solid information. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie triumphed in British court Thursday after a notorious tabloid admitted  they had published a story filled with "false and intrusive" allegations that the two were planning to split up.
The News of the World, a Sunday tabloid, published a story in January claiming the couple had visited a divorce lawyer and had reached an agreement about division of their assets as well as the custody of their six kids. The headline was "Pitts all over."
Pitt and Jolie, who aren't married , immediately brought legal action against the paper, arguing it had made false and misleading comments about them. The couple demanded a retraction of the sensational story but none was given.
Although the newspaper argued they acted in good faith, they never stood a chance against the power couple . Sorrell Troupe , a divorce lawyer identified by many as the one the couple met with, denied even knowing them.
When  the News of the World  failed publicly to retract the allegations and apologize to them - thereby leaving their readers in the dark as to the true position - the couple felt they had no alternative than to sue, "the couple's attorney, Keith Schilling, said in a statement . "Today's victory marks the end of the litigaion brought by Brad and Angelina."
The publication's owner, News Group Newspapers, has agreed to publish an apology and pay Pitt and  Jolie a settlement, which they intend to donate to charity.
They have declined to comment further.
The couple did not attend the hearing.
My spin : If you have followed our blog ...you  saw the post  PIC  said not to believe all you read and see in the tabloids... a lot of them  spice their stories up to sell more papers....now there are still some that  bring you the truth and can be trusted....the old saying is "buyer beware."
Kicking back   and having fun...so lets keep it real .

2 comments:

  1. Hi PIC...How's it going? We just got back from 'Hully Gully the Ultimate Toy Store'. We had a lovely dinner on the way home. We drove through a terrifying thunderstorm. There was no visibility and the road was completely flooded in places with the police all along the road to warn people.We couldn't see the road but my husband just kept driving.Nothing slows him down.Not even climate change.
    We arrived home safe and sound. We didn't spend too much at Hully Gully. We couldn't resist a few gadgets. They have gorgeous boats there but we didn't see any that we liked.London is a nice,fairly big town and the people are nice. My grandaughter Jordan goes to university there. It has the best science course.
    I hope you are having a great weekend enjoying your tribe of kids. I am going to send you a nice recipe on FTBB...Be safe and well...Luv PIC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cutie...It's going good, just woke up, fed my brood and they all fell out,Chris/wife was over to eat with us , she could never cook wee but she have got better over the years...I told Chris he loves good food and he said Cupcake I didn't marry her for her cooking[giggles] house full Sis/Nan/James/aunt Mae.

    Hi sweetie...I'm so glad you got a chance to go to the 'Hully Gully' big boy toy store and pick up a few gadgets.
    I am so glad you made it home safely through the thunderstorm and the police was there to warn the drivers...I'm not surprise Brian kept driving, he can drive in snow storms and it's just knowing how.I am looking forward to the new recipes, I told dad and he says look and see if they are there, he said hey Joanna ,my sweet lady is sending me some recipes . Sis laugh and asked wonder what her hushand is sending you, maybe a whip-ass stick so when you open the box, it will jump out beating your musty butt.
    PIC...my folks are weird but they are the only ones I have and I wouldn't trade them for all tthe tea in china.
    The cupcake is sitting beside the Genie on Anthroslug and they are cute together...HA !!

    I think I got a post on Oksana.
    Arnie is a hoot. Mel's spokeman tried to get funny with him about the movies...shit Arnie/Sly and Bruse Willis is making a movie and for the life of me I can't think of the name right now, but it is an action film.
    You be safe and well also and see you soon. HUGS & KISSES...PIC

    ReplyDelete