Saturday, July 17, 2010

OJ's Lawyer ( Robert Shapiro ) To Represent LiLo

 -- Robert Shapiro has officially filed papers to become Lindsay Lohan's attorney in her DUI case.
In the Substitution of Attorney document, filed in Beverly Hills Court on Friday, Shapiro, a former lawyer for O.J. Simpson, officially requested that he replace Shawn Chapman Holley as Lohan's legal representation.
Judge Marsha Revel will have to accept the change before Shapiro can represent Lohan in her DUI case proceedings. Lohan's next court date is next week, on Tuesday, July 20. That is also the day the actress must turn herself into court, to begin serving a 90-day sentence for violating her DUI probation.


Shapiro also issued a statement  earlier on Friday, confirming he had taken the case. Interestingly, in his statement, he said that he informed the actress there was a condition to  his accepting her case - that she accept the judge's "requirement of jail."
"I have agreed to represent Ms. Lohan on the condition she comply with the terms of probation, including a requirement of jail, imposed by Judge Marsha Revel," Shapiro said in his statement. "Ms. Lohan is suffering from a disease that I am all too familiar with. Hopefully, I can be of assistance to Ms. Lohan and Judge Revel in implementing a treatment approach recommended by medical professionals for Ms. Lohan's long term recovery and sobriety."
One of Shapiro's sons, Brent Shapiro, died of a drug overdose in 2005. Lohan is currently at a sober house at the Pickford Lofts, which was founded by Shapiro. Looks like your case might have fallen into the right hands Lindsay. You have a chance to straighten yourself out and receive a lot of help. Take it. If Shapiro can get a murderer like OJ off, scot free, he can perform miracles.



4 comments:

  1. My dear sweet lady,
    I see old Shapiro is trying to jump start his career.
    He's just like a rat on a sinking ship.
    Why would he want to defend the poor lost soul of a drowning girl that needs help badly knowing her life is in danger from all the drugs.
    This young woman is an accident waiting to happen.
    It would be nice if he meant what he's saying to the young lady, but I don't believe him, he looking for some publicity and he will throw her to the wolves if it don't go his way.
    Shapiro is not so tough, he has crossed hairs with my son a couple of times in Reno and Vegas after the OJ trial.
    Johnny L Cochran was the one that won the OJ case by playing the race card and having OJ put his arthritic hands in the gloves knowing they wouldn't fit.
    My dear lady, did you know Johnny was born here, there are a lot of well known people from La. ?
    Shapiro is a great lawyer, but he's not the one for this young woman.
    Her family needs to be involved with her, a judge or lawyer can only do so much.
    This young woman needs long term counseling not just a month or so.

    I do think I am getting to be a pro.
    Big G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about Shapiro using lindsay to jump start his career.But he is a good lawyer. I watched the OJ trial with fascination and Shapiro was pretty good and a stickler for details.

    Now, because of his son's death from drugs,he helps young people to rehabilitate.So, he has two things that Lindsay needs: a good legal mind and the resources to get her off drugs.

    Her family are drunks and nuts.This girl is a loose cannon careening to her own destruction. Her family is no use to her and her mother has told her she will not stand by her.

    Of course Jonny Cochran was the star of that trial.He seized every opportunity to grandstand.
    Johnny was a master showman. Oh, how I loved to watch him perform. He had such a devious mind. He knew how to work a crowd and when the race thing came up,I knew he would take it and run with it.I had to admire him even though I hated what he was doing.

    I also think Shapiro's motivation is probably selfish.A lot of high profile lawyers are publicity whores but the guy has some clout and he can get Lindsay some help.

    She doesn't have a lot of options, her lawyer abandoned her....Nice arguing with you...Come on back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear sweet lady,
    I surrender this time and the reason being is I didn't know her parents was what my daughter would call trailer trash.
    You don't tell the world you won't stand by your children, that's your choice and not the media and I for one know what the media can do for you.
    Yes Johnny did his part in grandstanding and you should have seen the turn out here for his memorial services.
    I also didn't know Shapiro lost a son to drugs, but it's a good thing he doing to help others but without her family with her , especially her mother Lindsey has lost the battle before it began.
    Her family, I am sure they was there for the good times and now Lindsey has hit a rough spot, they are just going to throw her to the wolves.
    I raised 3 boys and they was a hand full, I am proud to say they turned out pretty good.
    I also watched the trial and wished I was there to put a laxative in JC food so he would get the runs.
    OJ was guilty as sin , but he finally got his and now he's all by himself the way it's meant to be.
    My dear sweet lady, wonder if he is the husband or the wife? My money is on him being the wife, he is to afraid to be anything else because he is such a coward.
    My son was in criminal and corporate law before coming here but now he is in corporation law and you are so right they are publicity whores and my son and Leon was up ther with the best of them , it's a money game. you would think the trial lawyers hated each other but when evening came they all went out to have a drink together.
    I like a woman who speaks her mind and don't mind putting me in my place, but a warning dear lady, you and my daughter has a lot in common, she don't care who you are she will let you know how she feels and she has a thing about reading people and is seldom wrong.
    I bet you mother is a grand old lady, she and I are almost the same age and have seen a lot of changes in the world, people says it is hard now should have grown up with me, just ask your mother , the ones that had money had a hard time too.
    Well dear lady, I hear gilly calling for his mama so I will talk to you a little later.
    If my grandson is anything like his mother, you betcha, he's going to be hell on wheels.

    Big G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're bad G. Yes I'm sure OJ is turning tricks for cigarettes...HA!

    I wish someone had thought of the laxative idea back then. It would have been fun to see Johnny run at both ends.

    Poor old Gilly. He misses his mama.I hope he lets you get some rest....Sleep well...J

    ReplyDelete