Monday, July 19, 2010

Whoopi Goldberg :Defends Herself Defending Mel Gibson -


Whoopi Goldberg has come under fire for remarks she made in defense of Mel Gibson after several of his obscene, racially-charge rants leaked online.
"There has been a lot of hassle ... in the media recently about   moi  because I had the audacity to say that I had some personal time with Mel that goes over the years and years and that I did not think of him as a racist," Whoopi began on   ''The View' today.'
"If you had actually watched the show, you would have heard us say, and you would have heard me specifically say, 'I don't condone this. I don't think this is right, I don't think this is smart. But here's the piece of information I have. My experience tells me that  Mel is not a racist," she continued.
"Being a black woman, you'd think you would give me a little bit of leeway to have feeling if I was around a racist," she continued.
People called my office and went off on the young lady that works there. You're going to call  someone because you think I'm doing something wrong. And you do the same thing to this young lady that you don't even know that Mel Gibson supposedly did ? Who are you ? she says, making a spitting noise. "You can kiss my behind."
Whoopi explained her position on Mel, and I know he's not a racist. I have had a long friendship with Mel. You can say he's a bonehead, But I can't sit and say that he's a  racist having spent time with him in his house with my kids. I don't like what he's done, make no mistake.
Goldberg also blamed his 2006 anti-Semitic tirade after being stopped by police on alcohol. Drunks say stupid stuff to people all the time - "because they're drunk, they're out of control, they are not thinking, they are idiotic. I can't say anything about people like that because I know what they're like when they are drunk."
But Whoopi's fellow hosts weren't as keen to forgive the actor.Joy Behar told  The Insider that Mel is not welcome on ' The View.' "Barbara[Walters] would not allow him on the show.
Barbara's Jewish, he's an anti-Semite, he's racist....so he's done," Bahar added.
The fourth tape of Gibson yelling at his ex-girlfriend Oksana Griorieva recently surfaced for oral sex before threarening to burn the house down. In other tapes, he screams racial slurs, admits to hitting Oksana  and calls her a slut.
************************************************
Mel Gibson...' In Shock,' Keeps Filming After Rants
*******************************************
Despite all the talk of Mel Gibson's career being over after vicious audio rants against then girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva leaked recently, it's been barely noted that the 54-year-o;d actor still has a movie in post-peoduction and another that's reportedly filming, according to IMDb
The feature in post-production, Jodie Foster - directed  "The Beaver," actually went to reshoots after Mel Gibson's thunderous audio rants began leaking, The New York Post reports.
"Mel was in cmplete shock," an inside source tells the newpaper, who calls Foster a friend of Gibson's. "Everyine was walking on eggshells around him. It was the weirdest set ever."If the rampant speculation that the controversy will be a career-ender for Gibson is correct, these films in progress could be his last.
Can his career as a movie star, which was already in mid-slide, recover/ It's seriously doubtful. Apart from the sheer shameful stigma of it all ( how many people are there  left that will worh with him ? produce his movies? distribute them? go to see them?) "Who could Mel Gibson now conceivably proyray in a movie?" wrote Owen Gleiberman at Entertainment Weekly. "If he tries to play someone smiley and nice, it would look like a bad joke, But if he takes on the role of someone brutish  and mean, a walking -tall cauldron of righteous payback - in other words, a typical Mel  Gibson character - it will put the scandal of his domestic explosion front and center all over again."
Career concerns may not be all for Gibson - Many of his friends are reportedly finished with him in the wake of the scandal. "Mel is in a very dark place. None of his friends, even those who have defended him in the past, want anything to do with him publicly or privately," an insider told PopEater's Rob Shuter.
My spin :  I  think Mel's career is over , but it's a wait and see game...but as we all know Hollywood is not very forgiving .... we will be running a series on Mel  and then you can make yp your own mind...so stay tuned... the Mad Mel  saga continues...come back tomorrow for another installment ...you hear.
Kicking back and keeping it real...having fun of course.


1 comment:

  1. PIC...I will be on the oil post on FTBB...hope to see you there...HUGS...PIC

    ReplyDelete