Saturday, July 31, 2010

Ellen DeGeneres :Departs 'American Idol'

Aftre just one season, ellen DeGeneres is bowing out as a judge on 'American Idol,' FOX announced in a statement  Friday. After the news hit , DeGeneres tweeted, "Dim the lights ...I've voted myself off American Idol.
"A couple of months ago, I let FOX and the 'American Idol' producers know that this didn't feel like the right fit for me," DeGeneres said in a FOX  statement. "I told them I wouldn't leave them in a bind and that I would hold off on doing anything until they were able  to figure out where they wanted to take the panel next.
"It was a difficult decision to make, but my work schedule became more than I bargained for. I also realized  this season that while I was discovering , supporting and nurturing young talent, it was  hard for me to judge people and sometimes hurt their feeling . I loved the experience working on 'Idol' and  I am very grateful for the year I had. I am a huge fan of the show and will continue to be.
In the same statement from FOX, 'Idol' creator Simon Fuller shared his thoughts , I loved Ellen's passion for the artists and her nurturing skills. She brought honesty and optimism to our judging panel and I will miss her greatly."
DeGeneres is the second judge to depart after the nineth season - Simon Cowell made headlines earlier this year when he announced his plans to leave to focus on bringing a new show to American audiences, "The X Factor."
In a statement to  The Hollywood Reporter on the occasion of Ellen's resignation, Cowell said, "As I got to know Ellen, I grew to really,really like her. I have huge respect for her because she's always been in control of her own destiny."
Ryan Saecrest also chimed in on his Twitter: I will miss her on  'Idol.' She's one of the kindest and most talented people in Hollywood !"
Rumors are running  rampant in Hollywood about who will succeed Cowell and DeGeneres in the judges chairs. Names thrown around  include Jessica Simpson, Justin Timberlake and Sean  'Diddy' Combs.
My spin: Best of luck to Ellen and Simon...whoever is picked ...they have some large shoes to fill.

UPDATE :  TMZ is reporting that Kara DioGuardi has been fired and the show is close to locking up Jennifer Lopez and Areosmith's Steven Tyler in a return to the three judge format...stay tuned..updates as they become available.

2 comments:

  1. Well I think I can solve Idol's problems. Cupcake and Jeannie are available to be judges at a moment's notice. We will be fair and unprejudiced and promise to be entertaining. Now, give us that contract and remember,we don't come cheap.

    Hi honey, hope you're having a grand day. We are having a good one.Throwing some kind of meat on the barbe. Don't care what it is, as long as it's dead. I don't want it jumping off when I try to put the sauce on....Have a good one... PIC

    ReplyDelete
  2. We would make great judges ,keep them laughing and rolling on the floor just for the hell of it, what fun.
    But seriously...I think we should be paid first, I'm still waitng on my 3-day paycheck...the fool keeps telling me it's in the mail and come on and give him some...HA !

    Had a great day yesterday , just hung out here at home, to hot to do anything...went through the girls clothes to see what needed to be replaced for school, the schools are talking about uniforms for the children.
    I know you are having fun at Pete's party and tell me this, did you throw Phil's hat in the lake??
    Glad your weather has cooled down some so the family can enjoy their outing and have real great fun.
    How's Nana ? She will be glad to see you when you get home.
    Did Brian go in the water ?? I know he always enjoys being with the family...especially the twins.
    Put sme burgers /weiners on the grill today and my babies was in hog heaven...had some chips and salad...

    Dad told me to tell you he will talk to you tomorrow [Monday] SIs/Dad and aunt Mae went to Hot springs for the weekend...Dad says it helps his arthritis to just soak in the springs and he needs to get his fingers limber so he can talk more to you.
    PIC...that old man is a hoot but I love him and he's my old crazy hoot.
    Well, here's looking at you girl and see you soon....LUV...PIC

    ReplyDelete