Thursday, August 5, 2010

Bristol and Levi...On again Off Again...Those Palins


Levi Johnston and Bristol Palin have called it off again and only a couple of weeks after they announced their engagement  for a second time on a  magazine cover (US Weekly). The skinny is that he may have fathered another baby. Haven't they heard of birth control in Alaska? The daughter of Sarah Palin called off her wedding plans as soon as she heard of the baby's existence. Johnston apparently confessed. Bristol Palin did not identify the woman when she gave an emotional interview to People magazine to announce the breakup
Palin said Johnston told her about the baby on July 14, the day the couple announced their re-engagement. Palin and the 20-year-old Johnston have a toddler son together, Tripp.


Palin had said she didn't have her mother's  approval when she began dating Johnston for the second time. She said both her mother Sarh  and father Todd worried she would get hurt again.
Palin said the "final straw" was when Johnston told her he was going to Hollywood to see a hunting show, but actually went there to star in a music video mocking her family. In the video being shot this month in Los Angeles, Johnston will play a lover whose romance is thwarted by his girlfriend's disapproving mother. The project is based on the song After Love by singer-songwriter Brittani Senser.
"He is obsessed with the limelight. I guess I got played again." observed Palin.


Relations between the Palins and Johnston and his family have been strained since the couple broke off their first engagement soon after Tripp was born in December 2008. Bristol Palin later became a public advocate for abstinence. I wonder if she stuck to that principle on her  second-go-round with Johnston.
The relationship later devolved into a messy tabloid drama as Johnston posed nude for Playgirl and trashed Sarah Palin in interviews. The sudden re-engagement marked a rapid turnaround for the couple that just months ago was fighting over child support and Johnston's criticism of her family.
Sarah Palin told People that she hopes her daughter will "move forward in life with her same forgiving, gracious, optimistic spirit, but  henceforth she'll know to' trust but verify'."
 I'm no admirer of Levi Johnston,  but at least he is an obvious jerk with obvious goals and completely unprincipled. There is something less noticable but still wrong with the Palins. They don't seem to understand appropriate behavior in given situations. There don't seem to be checks and balances on their conduct and they go over the top all the time. Also, in Sarah's case, she seems to be insular in her thinking, to lack comprehension of  worldwide political conditions and situations and lack sensitivity to people and their needs.
Perhaps her daughter is cut from the same cloth; time will tell. She seems to make pretty rash decisions.

2 comments:

  1. My dear sweet lady,
    It's been a very hectic here today.
    Had to drop you a note to let you know I was still here.
    My sister (Mae) was admitted to the hosiptal early this morning , the doctors are still testing her and we all hope she did't have a stroke, Mae got in a shouting match with her son's wife at Joanna's home , I was filling the pool for my grands when I looked up and seen Betts hollering help me and that woman can run and Nanette was right on her tail, I told Jill to get my daughter, my son had just left for work, he always have his cell with him, I called and said come home, he asked what is wrong I told him I didn't know Nanette had Betts in a head lock , my son asked where is Baby , I told him she was trying to get Nanette away from Betts and my son says oh hell, be right there. By that time an ambulance pulled up in front of Joanna and my daughter and Nanette took off, I assumed it was for Joanna.
    I asked what happen and Betts said she was telling Mae she had to come and stay with Leon, Mae told her not as long as she was there, Betts said Joanna just wanted her money, that woman sticks her nose in everyone's business. Joanna don't need Mae or my money,her father lelt her right well off.Joanna have a very nice place and I never given her money just trips and presents.
    My son arrived and told me Joanna was coming down to help me with my grands and he would be back as soon as possible. My son returned about a couple of hours and proceeded to the kitchen to start dinner for this evening, you could knock me over with a feather, my daughter prepares her meats the night before so I am going to have roast and purple hulled peas with okra don't care what else.
    I will get to read the notes tomorrow I was so looking forward to see if I could remember when and where in what time frame it was.
    My dear sweet lady, I love all your jokes and look forward to them.
    As for Rhonda's daughter did I mention (R W) was about 12 or 13 years old.
    Dear Lady you heard right about my guns, but you have me stumped on which one you mean, you see I have two big guns, one I don't take out the holster as much any more, but oh my dear lady I did enjoy shooting my big gun.
    My dear lady how is your dear mother ? Holding her own I am sure,hope it still a little cool there because like me , I am sure she likes to sit outside. Once your dear Nana is a beauty she's always a beauty in the eyes of her love ones, people just look at the surface not beneath it.
    I know and understand how she feels about ready to go to your father, I am also ready to go to my dear Rosa, one reason I need my affairs in order. I am not afraid and cherish the day we can be together again, my Rosa was a dark hair dark eyed beauty. Keep her happy and as comfortable as you can, tell her I will take her daning and it won't be piggy back we will just make circles on my scooter.
    How is your dear husband ? Tell him he is a lucky fella and I thank him for allowing me to spend time with his sweet wife, also tell him he is a lucky man to have a wonderful lady that just plays with her computer and not someones' big gun. Well dear lady, I will say so long for now my daughter just came in, I will read the note behind the scene and talk tomorrow.
    G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear G
    I sincerely hope Mae is okay. I'm sure you are worried. She needs some peace and quiet in her life, not that kind of uproar.She had seemed quite content where she was. I hope the little ones didn't get frightened, seeing the ruckus.

    Those fiesty Creoles don't take insults too well and what Betts said was extremely insulting. Especially to Joanna, who has a most generous heart.
    I don't think Betts will be around much longer to irritate people, at least from what I was told.
    Your son seems like a man who can take charge and settle disputes and solve problems. Handy guy to have around.

    NEE said you asked why I was interested in you.It didn't actually start out that way. I just wanted to find out who my mysterious friend was. I found you instead, all over the internet, and no two pieces of information matched, nothing fit together and nothing made sense.I had found a deeper mystery. When I told Nee what I was doing she was fascinated with what I had found out and wanted to know more. Pretty soon we were talking about a book.But we now think it should be a novel with a touch of gratuitous sex and violence based on the true story.You have Gil writing a factual biography so the novel could have a bit more poetic licence.
    I put some of the articles I had found in the drafts of our blog for Nee to read.She added some more details about you. Gradually, as I formed a picture of you, I saw what a great story your life was. If I could write it I most certainly would.

    Is your son a good cook? How did the roast turn out? I would have guessed that you have tried your hand at a few dishes
    yourself. Some pasta dishes perhaps? I have so many favorites among Italian dishes.

    I guess at some point everyone puts their big gun away. Just make sure you oil it once in a while so it won't go rusty. I would never touch a big gun I didn't own.

    Nana still has beauty. I see it all the time. When her mind goes back in time it transforms her. When she looks at her grandchildren with love in her eyes, she is beautiful.She does not look her age.She is just tired of this mortal coil.

    My husband has complete faith in me and has never had a reason to worry.I belong to him alone.He knows I am frightened of lethal weapons.

    Don't worry too much.Everything will be fine.It seems to me we are all part of a grand scheme and we each have our purpose for being here.You are still here and healthy so there is something more you have to do. You will figure it out. It's taking me too damn long to figure out why I am here but I sure am working on it. Stay well...J

    ReplyDelete