Sunday, August 22, 2010

Wyclef Jean : 'Haiti Has Disqualified Wyclef ' For President



The board of elections in Haiti has officially put an end to hip-hop star and activist Wyclef Jean's attempt to launch a presidential campaign in his homeland. Although the singer was born  in Haiti and has been actively involved in disaster  relief since  the nation was davasted by an earthquake  in January , authorities ruled that he does not quanity to be on the ballot.No reason was given, but sources  believe Jean's longtime residency in  the United States was  behind the decision , as Haiti reportedly requires presidential candidates to live in the country for five (5) years. Now, the musician has issured a statement about the ruling.

Wyclef Jean : "It is with a heavy heart that I tell you today that the board of elections  in Haiti has disqualified me from my run for president  of  my country . Though I disagree  with the ruling , I respectfully accept  the committee's final decision , and I urge my  supporters to do the same. We must all honor the memories of those we've lost - whether in the earthquake , or at anytime - by responding peacefully  and responsibly to this disappointment.
I was inspired to run for president because I know Haiti can become great with the right leadership, and I believe I could be the leader, but, ultimately, we must respect the rule of law in order for our island to become the great nation we all aspire for it to be.
I want to  assure my countrymen that I will continue to work for Haiti's renewal ; though the board has determined that I am not a resident  of Haiti , home is where the heart is - and my heart has  and will always be in Haiti. This ruling just tells me  that I can't officially seek the office of president. More importantly , there is no one who can tell me to stop my work in Haiti. I think of my daughter, Angelina, and it makes me want to redouble my efforts to help all the children in Haiti  better days.
I also want to honor the memory of my father , a minister ; I know that he would tell me that even though I've faced a setback , I must continue in all my good-faith efforts to help Haiti turn a corner to a better and brighter future. Do not think that my role in the future in Haiti is over ; it's just a different role than I had anticipated it to be.
Rest assured , this isn't the end of my efforts to help improve my beloved country but only marks a new beginning.
Signed , Wyclef Jean
My spin : Okay , Wyclef , show us the money...honest , where have you been ?? A lot of people was giving their all and no one heard of you until the subjest of president came up....where have you been all these years...why didn't you keep your citizenship  valid  ???  Just saying......

3 comments:

  1. Hi cutie...I sent you an E-MAIL 8:Pm my time about Jimmy...More to come and it unfolds. see you down by the old fishing hole.
    WITCHY VOODOO WOMAN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear witchy I am so glad W Jean is no longer in the running for presidency. Something very hinky about that man.
    Got your Email and saent you one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie
    I got your's and sent you one back at 11:15 PM my time.

    I never heard of Wyclef , I guess because I don't care that much for hip-hop.
    My take on him is he wants to get his hands on the money...hell his foundation screwed up a lot of money and I'm so glad SEAN PENN was up on him. See you later...LUV...PIC

    ReplyDelete