Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ricky Martin : 'Me" Memoir Is A 'Spiritual Journey'

Ricky Martin is getting even more personal  and set to release his memoir 'Me'  on November 2 . The 'Livin' La Vida Loca' singer will open up about everything from his experiences in Menudo to his sexuality and fatherhood.

"From the moment I wrote the first phrase, I was sure the book was the tool that was going to help me free myself from things  I was carrying it within me for a long time. Things that were too heavy for me to keep inside. Writing this account of my life, I got very close to my truth. And this is something worth celebrating,"  Martin said (via CNN).

The Puerto Rican singer  said that preparing to write the book was one of the reasons he decided to reveal  earlier this year that he is gay.  Martin said in a statement Thursday that the project led him to extract memories that he had erased from his mind and the book was not easy to write but allowed for an "incredible spiritual journey."

In March, he dropped the bombshell about his sexuality and posted the following message on his official Web site : 
 "Today is my  day, this is my time, and this is my moment. These years in silence  and reflection made me stronger  and reminded me that acceptance has come  from within  and that this kind of truth gives  me the power to conquer emotions I didn't even know existed... I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am."

The 'livin' La  Vida Loca' singer is a single dad to twin sons, who were born by a surrogate in August 2008.

"this is just what I need especially now that I am the father of two beautiful boys that are so full of light  and who with their outlook teach me new things every day. To keep  living  as I  did up until  today would be to indirectly diminish the glow that my kids  were born with. Enough is enough. This  has to change . This was not supposed to happen 5 or 10 years ago, it is supposed to happen now," Martin Wrote.

My spin : Way to go Ricky ...stay true to yourself....

No comments:

Post a Comment